Hi, I am Great!
My name is Umegbewe (preferably called "Great").
I'm a Site Reliability Engineer with 3 years industry experience, my primary focus is ensuring the reliability, availiabilty and performance of critical systems.
My experience include designing and implementing scalable and fault-tolerant infrastructures, performing incident responses, and enforcing best practices for deployment, monitoring, and testing.
Outside work, I hack on the Linux Kernel and low-level stuff. I enjoy problem-solving and read books on software engineering, automobiles and finance.
Been using computers since I was 6, and started using Linux at 9. I find networks and the Linux kernel interesting, anyway I would love to work at a physical data center one day.
Recent articles on blog
- 06/2022 Uhm nothing yet!
TCI   September 2021 - September 2022
- Work with AWS Cost Explorer API for cost planning which directed our decisions on optimizations, reducing Infrastructure costs by 20%.
- Re-architected bad CI patterns on Python codebases, reducing CI pipeline execution time by 30%.
- Carried out stress, performance, and scalability tests.
- Deployed multistage CI/CD pipelines and non-production environments to test new implementations.
Cousant Jan 2022 - Jun 2022
- Deployed high available, production ready ECS Clusters with Terraform and Ansible.
- Setup access controls to HTTP APIs using Amazon Cognito user pools as authorizer.
- Debugged and fix issue with Docker not releasing inodes properly.
- Extensive documentation of Infrastructure components.
CubeRacks Sept 2020 - Jul 2021
- Mobile CI/CD setup on Jenkins.
- Designed and executed 3 service features for over 6000 users, for an online rent application project.
- Managed project deployment on AWS including services Cloudfront, API Gateways, ECS, and Cloudwatch.
- Provisioned monitoring, logging, and alerting systems on services.
Hyperledger   June 2022 - Nov 2022
- Built feature to run Hyperledger fabric blockchain on Kubernetes for the Fablo project including components like channels, chaincodes, peers and organizations.
- Templating of fablo scripts and snapshot tests.
- Fixed issue installing chaincodes with HLF Operator.
Software Engineer Intern
The Incubator NG Jun 2019 - Sept 2019
- Developed frontend features to optimize user experiences.
- Designed and developed REST APIs for mobile consumption.
- Helped maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- ec2-ssh : CLI tool to easily connect to EC2 instances via SSH, selected with fzf.
- devops-toolkit : a terminal interface for setting up devops tools
- badmuskOS : my Linux distro
- Linux Kernels
- Operating Systems